A federal judge has temporarily blocked part of a new Clark County ordinance that would have required Airbnb to remove unlicensed short-term rental listings from its platform.
Airbnb sought an emergency injunction, arguing that the new measure—set to take effect on September 1—placed an unreasonable burden on the company by making it responsible for monitoring and deactivating listings. Attorneys said the company could also face fines for bookings made through hosts who are not in compliance.
In Thursday’s ruling, the judge agreed with Airbnb, stating that the requirement would place a significant strain on the company’s resources. The court also noted the county did not demonstrate how a delay in the ordinance would negatively impact the public interest.
Clark County attorneys argued during the hearing that local governments have the authority under state law to impose stricter rules than those outlined at the state level. A county spokesperson said officials are reviewing the order before deciding on next steps.
Airbnb and the Greater Short-Term Rental Association had previously filed a federal lawsuit against Clark County, claiming that aspects of its short-term rental regulations are unconstitutional. In a statement, Airbnb said the ruling represents a win for Nevada residents who rely on hosting as an economic opportunity, as well as for visitors seeking affordable lodging options.
The legal battle over short-term rental rules in Southern Nevada remains ongoing.
Source: Fox 5 Vegas
Copyright 2025 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Radical Democrats Put Illegal Immigrants First, Law Enforcement Last - August 29, 2025
- Airbnb Wins Temporary Reprieve in Federal Court Over Clark County Ordinance - August 29, 2025
- Nevada Casinos Top $1.36B in July, Up 4% Year Over Year - August 29, 2025