LAS VEGAS, NV – A tense barricade situation in the central-east valley came to a peaceful resolution Friday afternoon with the arrest of a suspect. The incident, which appeared to stem from a domestic violence situation, unfolded in the 3900 block of Cambridge Street near East Katie Avenue.
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) officers responded to the scene shortly after 12:00 pm following reports of a domestic disturbance. Upon arrival, they discovered that a suspect had barricaded themselves inside a residence, prompting the closure of the surrounding area to ensure the safety of the public.
LVMPD negotiators engaged in communications with the suspect throughout the afternoon, working diligently to de-escalate the situation and secure a peaceful resolution. Their efforts proved successful, and the suspect was taken into custody without incident around 5:30 pm.
The barricade situation caused significant disruptions in the area, with motorists and pedestrians urged to avoid the area. However, thanks to the swift and skillful response of LVMPD officers, the incident was resolved without any injuries or further escalation.
The suspect is currently being held at a local detention facility and is facing potential charges related to the domestic violence incident and the barricade situation. LVMPD detectives are continuing their investigation to gather additional details and determine the full extent of the suspect’s actions.
If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, please contact the following resources:
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Nevada Coalition Against Domestic Violence: 1-888-638-HOPE (4673)
- Metropolitan Police Department Domestic Violence Unit: 702-826-3850
Credits: Review Journal
Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- 84 New Crossing Guards Approved for Clark County Middle Schools After Spike in Student Road Crashes - February 21, 2024
- $44 Million Boost for Nevada’s Water Infrastructure: Biden Administration Awards Federal Funds - February 21, 2024
- Dine-In Denied: New Las Vegas Chick-Fil-A May Be Drive-Thru Only - February 20, 2024