LAS VEGAS, Nev. (702 Times, NV Globe) – The Nevada Department of Employment, Training, and Rehabilitation (DETR) has notified claimants that new protection measures would be installed on the state’s unemployment portal.
The additional restrictions are intended to “protect claimants’ identities and continue to keep accounts safe and secure from possible fraud,” according to a press release.
According to DETR, active or new unemployed claimants will be asked to enter into their existing ID.me accounts or conduct a new identity verification with ID.me upon each entry before using the Claimant Self-Service site as part of the modifications.
Claimants will be able to log in directly to their accounts after completing this security procedure, according to DETR.
The update is expected to be completed on the evening of December 28th, according to DETR.
Once completed, the agency gave claimants with the following instructions for using their self-service accounts in the future.
Steps to take beginning the evening of December 28:
Active unemployment claimants should visit ui.nv.gov as usual.
- Click on the “For UI Claimants” tab
- Click on the “File A UI Claim” button
- Enter their claimant self-service credentials to sign into their UI account
- They will then see the following screen upon every entry:
- Click on either the green “Sign in with ID.me” button or the xn--id-v2t.me Create an account” button
- The claimant will then enter their ID.me account credentials and follow the prompts presented in the ID.me portal or create a new ID.me account to verify their identity
- The claimant will have the option when choosing how to verify their identity to pick a “Self-Service” option or a direct option to go straight to a Trusted Referee “Video Chat Agent”
- Claimant UI account self-service credentials will not be the same as their ID.me credentials
- Once the claimant has logged in with ID.me each time, they will be redirected back to their UI claimant self-service account and will have full access as usual
According to DETR, if the claimant has lost their ID.me password, they must reset it using the ID.me site. DETR stated that the claimant will require access to the email address linked with their ID.me account in order to regain their password.
DETR said claimants with problems about the login procedure should call the Claim Center at (775) 684-0350 or (702) 486-0350, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. till 5 p.m.
Credits: Fox 5 Vegas
Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Sparks Man Arrested for Murder of 17-Year-Old Boy - November 29, 2023
- Washoe County School District Approves New Puberty Videos for Fourth Graders - November 29, 2023
- Teenager Arrested in Las Vegas for Making Terroristic Threats - November 29, 2023