Las Vegas, NV – A student was arrested Tuesday morning at Silverado High School following a fight involving a knife, according to Clark County School District (CCSD) officials. The incident prompted a temporary soft lockdown at the school and concern among parents.
Details of the Incident:
- Two students were involved in an altercation that escalated to a physical fight.
- One student sustained a cut from a knife used during the fight.
- School administration and staff immediately intervened to de-escalate the situation.
- As a precautionary measure, the school was placed on a soft lockdown to ensure the safety of all students and staff.
Investigation and Resolution:
- School police quickly responded to the scene and apprehended the student responsible for using the knife.
- No additional information about the arrest or the identities of the students involved was immediately released.
- After a thorough investigation, school police cleared the scene and normal operations resumed.
- The school day is scheduled to end at the regular time, but parents are advised to allow extra time at dismissal due to potential traffic congestion.
Communication with Parents:
- Principal Jaime Ditto sent two messages to families via email, providing updates and assurances about the situation.
- The first message emphasized the school’s commitment to student safety and the importance of discussing appropriate behavior with children.
- The second message confirmed the use of a knife, the arrest of the student involved, and the return to normal school operations.
- CCSD has not released any information about the victim’s injuries or the nature of the dispute between the students.
- The school is expected to provide further updates as the investigation unfolds.
This incident highlights the importance of school safety measures and open communication with parents. While details remain limited, the prompt response by school staff and police helped ensure the safety of the school community.
Credits: 8 News Now
Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved
- First Regulated Cannabis Lounge Opens in Las Vegas, Marking Milestone for Nevada’s Industry - February 24, 2024
- SE Las Vegas Residents Voice Concerns About Nearby Homeless Encampments, Call for Solutions - February 24, 2024
- Third Suspect Arrested in Apartment Complex Shooting That Endangered Children - February 24, 2024