WADSWORTH, NV – An Amtrak train traveling eastbound on the California Zephyr line collided with an empty truck on the tracks near Wadsworth, Nevada on Thanksgiving Day. The incident occurred just before 9:15 a.m. PST.
According to Amtrak officials, no injuries were reported to the 115 passengers or crew members on board the train. Amtrak is currently working with local law enforcement to investigate the cause of the collision.
The collision has caused significant delays to Amtrak service in the area. The tracks are currently closed, and it is unclear when they will be reopened. Amtrak is advising passengers to check their train status for updates.
Here are some additional details about the incident:
- The train was traveling from Chicago to Emeryville, California.
- The empty truck was parked on the tracks for unknown reasons.
- The collision caused damage to the front of the train.
- Amtrak is working to provide alternative transportation for affected passengers.
This is a developing story, and more information will be released as it becomes available.
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- 84 New Crossing Guards Approved for Clark County Middle Schools After Spike in Student Road Crashes - February 21, 2024
- $44 Million Boost for Nevada’s Water Infrastructure: Biden Administration Awards Federal Funds - February 21, 2024
- Dine-In Denied: New Las Vegas Chick-Fil-A May Be Drive-Thru Only - February 20, 2024