Reno, NV – Local drivers are urged to be vigilant as an increase in “skimming” devices has been detected at gas pumps in the area. Skimmers are electronic devices illegally installed within card readers, capturing credit card information and potentially exposing users to fraud.
Reno Police on Alert:
- The Reno Police Department issued a warning, highlighting a specific case involving a bright pink security seal tampered with at a local 7-Eleven gas pump.
- Authorities urge drivers to report any missing or damaged security seals to station personnel immediately, as this may indicate the presence of a skimmer.
- Inspect the pump: Before swiping your card, check for any loose parts, damage, or unusual attachments around the card reader.
- Choose well-lit pumps: Opt for pumps located in well-lit areas with good visibility.
- Consider chip cards: If available, use chip-enabled cards for added security.
- Monitor statements: Regularly review your bank statements for any suspicious activity and report it immediately.
- Reporting suspicious activity to gas station employees and authorities is crucial in combating skimmer scams.
- Sharing awareness with friends and family can help protect the entire community.
- Follow local law enforcement and consumer protection agencies for updates and safety tips.
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved
- Gun Found at Ed W. Clark High School, Two Juveniles Arrested - February 22, 2024
- Canine Flu Alert: Las Vegas Shelters See Surge in Cases, Experts Offer Advice - February 22, 2024
- Dog Owners Accuse Las Vegas Groomer of Mistreating Pets, Raising Concerns and Questions - February 22, 2024