Nevada– A stormy weather pattern is brewing for the Sierra Nevada, bringing rain showers to the valleys and significant snowfall to the peaks from Monday through Wednesday. Residents should be prepared for winter driving conditions, particularly on mountain passes.
Rain and Snow: The storm is expected to impact the region from Monday to Wednesday. Valleys will experience rain showers, while elevations above 8,000 feet can expect snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 2 feet possible along the Sierra mountain tops.
Travel Advisory: Winter driving conditions, including slick roads, reduced visibility, and potential closures of mountain passes, are likely, especially during the night and morning hours. Please exercise caution while traveling and be prepared for delays.
Clear Skies Ahead: The storm is expected to clear by Thursday, with good travel weather expected for Friday and the weekend. Christmas cheer will arrive with sunshine and dry conditions, with no chain controls anticipated for the holiday weekend and much of next week.
Stay Updated: For the latest road conditions and updates, please visit www.nvroads.com. You can also sign up for text alerts to stay informed about potential closures or delays.
Tips for Winter Driving:
- Check your vehicle’s tires and ensure they are properly inflated and have adequate tread depth.
- Pack an emergency kit with essentials like blankets, water, non-perishable food, and a flashlight.
- Drive slowly and cautiously, leaving ample space between your car and the vehicle ahead.
- Be aware of your surroundings and watch for falling ice or debris from trees.
- If conditions deteriorate significantly, pull over to a safe location and wait for the storm to pass.
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- 84 New Crossing Guards Approved for Clark County Middle Schools After Spike in Student Road Crashes - February 21, 2024
- $44 Million Boost for Nevada’s Water Infrastructure: Biden Administration Awards Federal Funds - February 21, 2024
- Dine-In Denied: New Las Vegas Chick-Fil-A May Be Drive-Thru Only - February 20, 2024