After a student brought a spray can to school and released it into the building, students and staff at Desert Skies Middle School were briefly evacuated Wednesday morning.
According to Washoe County School District representatives, the spray can’s content were all natural and it wasn’t mace or pepper spray, but the fumes were extremely strong and some students had trouble breathing.
On August 31, the staff and students were evacuated for about 40 minutes. The school staff contacted parents via Connect Ed.
The Fire Department and REMSA responded, and some students are still being monitored. Officials say that the fire department ventilated the building and gave everyone the all-clear to re-enter, but some students are still reporting negative effects, and their parents have been informed.
Credits: Fox Reno
Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Southeast Las Vegas - December 2, 2023
- Station Casinos to Open Durango Resort-Casino on Tuesday - December 2, 2023
- Nevada State Police Mourn the Loss of Two Troopers Killed in the Line of Duty - December 2, 2023