For Homeless and Victims of Domestic Abuse Reno Is Accepting Grant Applications
By TheNevadaGlobeStaff, December 12, 2022 11:43 am
RENO, Nev. (775 Times, NV Globe) – Reno is seeking grant submissions from groups that assist the homeless, people at risk of becoming homeless, and victims of domestic abuse.
The financing application is already available and will remain open until January 9. Projects that are eligible include:
- Supportive services, such as child care, education services, employment assistance and job seeking; homelessness prevention services; and housing counseling services;
- Tenant-based rental assistance, including rental assistance, security deposit payments, and utility deposit assistance to qualifying households;
- Acquiring and developing non-congregate shelters for individuals and families who meet qualifying populations;
- Nonprofit organizations paying operating expenses that will carry out activities with HOME-ARP funds;
- Nonprofit capacity building;
- Development of rental housing within Reno, Sparks and the unincorporated area of Washoe County.
“I am extremely grateful to all the amazing organizations in our community doing wonderful work to create more affordable housing opportunities and offer critical support services to our most vulnerable residents,” said Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve. “Thanks to the HOME-ARP funding, these organizations will be able to help more people than ever.”
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.