NEVADA – If a bill now in the legislature is passed, it might affect class sizes across the state by establishing minimum and maximum student-teacher ratios.
Class sizes in grades K-12 would be regulated by AB42. Class sizes will be reported to the State Board of Education, among other new requirements for schools.
Here are the percentage breakdowns:
• Kindergarten: an increase from 16 to 18 students per teacher.
• First grade: an increase from 16 to 20 students per teacher
• Second grade: an increase from 16 to 20 students per teacher
• Third grade: an increase from 18 to 20 students per teacher.
• For Math and English classes, grades fourth, fifth, and sixth would be set to 25 students per teacher.
• For those same classes but grades seventh through 12th, the size would be set to 30 pupils per teacher.
Credits: Fox 5 Vegas
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Reno’s Disaster Action Team Urges Residents to Check Smoke Alarms After Apartment Fire Displaces Families - September 23, 2023
- Investigation Underway After Possible Pipe Bomb Explosion Injures Man in Las Vegas - September 23, 2023
- One Killed, Two Injured in Northeast Las Vegas Valley Multi-Vehicle Crash - September 23, 2023