RENO, Nev. (775 Times, NV Globe) – On Monday, a Reno man was arrested in Missouri for failing to appear at a court linked to his mother’s disappearance from a care home in 2019.
Roger Eugene Hillygus is being held in Kansas City after being suspected of taking his mother from a nursing facility when he did not have the legal authority to do so, according to police.
Hillygus refused to appear in February 2022 for a hearing linked to the offense of:
- Conspiracy to Commit 2nd Degree Kidnapping
- 2nd Degree Kidnapping of an Older or Vulnerable Person
Hillygus was apprehended in the Kansas City area by investigators and put into the Clay County prison as a Fugitive from Justice. He is being held in Reno pending extradition.
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Contribute to RTC’s Thursday “Stuff-A-Bus” Food Drive - December 8, 2022
- Two Winter Storms Are Expected to Cause Problems in Sierra Traveling Is Dangerous - December 8, 2022
- Inmates at Nye County Prison Allegedly Trying to Sneak Narcotics Through Laundry - December 8, 2022