NEVADA – The Reno Police Department is bringing some holiday cheer to children in need this week with a special toy drive delivery. Officers will be spreading smiles and delivering hundreds of toys to children living in downtown motels on Friday, December 22nd.
The RPD partnered with Dolan Auto Group and Jacobs Entertainment to collect and purchase the toys earlier this month. Their generous efforts will directly benefit nearly 75 children who might otherwise go without presents this holiday season.
“We’re so grateful for the support of Dolan Auto Group and Jacobs Entertainment,” said Reno Police Chief Jason Soto. “This partnership allows us to make a real difference in the lives of these children and bring them some joy during the holidays.”
Officers have been working closely with motel staff to determine where children live and what their needs are. This ensures that each child receives a gift that they’ll truly appreciate.
The toy drive delivery will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, December 22nd. Officers will meet at 250 Bell Street before heading out to visit nearly 20 downtown properties.
The Reno Police Department is committed to serving the community and making a positive impact on the lives of those in need. This toy drive is just one example of their dedication to giving back during the holidays.
Here are some additional details about the toy drive:
- The RPD, Dolan Auto Group, and Jacobs Entertainment purchased the toys at Target on December 6th.
- Officers will be delivering a variety of toys, including dolls, action figures, games, and books.
- The toy drive is expected to benefit children of all ages.
We hope you have a happy and safe holiday season!
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- 84 New Crossing Guards Approved for Clark County Middle Schools After Spike in Student Road Crashes - February 21, 2024
- $44 Million Boost for Nevada’s Water Infrastructure: Biden Administration Awards Federal Funds - February 21, 2024
- Dine-In Denied: New Las Vegas Chick-Fil-A May Be Drive-Thru Only - February 20, 2024