NEVADA – A woman is behind bars in connection with a deadly crash in Sparks that occurred on the morning after Thanksgiving. The crash occurred in the area of Greg and Marietta Way just after 2:30 a.m. on Nov. 24.
Crews arrived on the scene to find two badly damaged vehicles. The driver of one of the vehicles, 31-year-old Candy Godkin of Reno, was pronounced dead at the scene. The other driver, Yulisa Esparaza-Salazar, was transported to a hospital for moderate injuries.
An investigation by the Major Accident Investigation Team determined that Esparaza-Salazar’s vehicle was traveling westbound on Greg St. when it failed to maintain its travel lane and crossed over the center lane, striking Godkin’s vehicle head-on. Both vehicles rolled over during the crash.
Esparaza-Salazar was released from the hospital and arrested by Sparks Police on Nov. 26. She has been booked into the Washoe County Jail on the following charges:
- Driving under the influence resulting in death
- Duty to stop at the scene of crash involving death
- Fail to maintain travel lane
The investigation is still ongoing and active. Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to contact the Sparks Police Department at (775) 353-2231 or Secret Witness at (775) 322-4900.
Credits: Fox Reno
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- 84 New Crossing Guards Approved for Clark County Middle Schools After Spike in Student Road Crashes - February 21, 2024
- $44 Million Boost for Nevada’s Water Infrastructure: Biden Administration Awards Federal Funds - February 21, 2024
- Dine-In Denied: New Las Vegas Chick-Fil-A May Be Drive-Thru Only - February 20, 2024