RENO, Nev. (775 Times, NV Globe) – In October, a man was detained in connection with the fire that burned three historic buildings in Dayton, including the Fox Hotel.
On Oct. 13, the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) and the Central Lyon County Fire Protection District (CLCFPD) responded to a fire at the historic Fox Hotel. 95 W is the address of the hotel. Dayton’s Main Street.
The Fox Hotel, as well as two adjacent buildings to the hotel’s right, were entirely demolished.
The Nevada State Police Fire Marshal Division was called in to aid with the criminal investigation. Jonah Watson was identified as a suspect during a combined investigation by the Nevada State Fire Marshal, CLCFPD, and LCSO.
On December 27, Watson was arrested and lodged into the Carson City Detention Facility before being moved to the Lyon County Jail. Among his allegations are:
- One count 1st Degree Arson
- Two counts 2nd Degree Arson
- One count 3rd Degree Arson
Anyone with information regarding a fire or arson can call the Arson Hotline at 844 NV ARSON (844-682-7766). Callers may choose to remain anonymous.
Credits: Fox Reno
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Labor Union Leader Calls Construction Worker Death at Bellagio Fountains a ‘Freak Accident’ - September 27, 2023
- Terry Fator’s Former COO Accused of Stealing Nearly $1 Million - September 26, 2023
- CCSD to Discuss Teacher Shortage and School Start Times at Thursday Meeting - September 26, 2023