AMC Theatres Changes Movie Ticket Pricing Based On Seats
By TheNevadaGlobeStaff, February 6, 2023 12:23 pm
LAS VEGAS – The price of a good seat at an AMC cinema may go up in the near future.
On Monday, AMC Theatres introduced a new pricing program called Sightline, which will adjust prices based on patrons’ proximity to the screen.
According to AMC, there will be three different pricing tiers for tickets:
- Standard Sightline – these seats are the most common in auditoriums and are available for the traditional cost of a ticket
- Value Sightline – these seats are in the front row of the auditorium, as well as select ADA seats in each auditorium, and are available at a lower price than Standard Sightline seats.
- Preferred Sightline – these seats are typically in the middle of the auditorium and are priced at a slight premium to Standard Sightline seats.
Only AMC Stubs members, including the free tier, will be able to access Value Sightline. Preferred Sightline tickets are available at no additional cost to A-list members of AMC Stubs.
All performances starting at participating theaters after 4 p.m. will be eligible for Sightline pricing.
According to Variety, Sightline will premiere this Friday in select cities including New York, Chicago, and Kansas City. The company AMC claims it will spread to all domestic areas before the end of the year.
Las Vegas is home to not one, but two AMC theaters: one in Town Square on Las Vegas Boulevard, and another at the Rainbow Promenade between Rainbow and Lake Mead boulevards.
Copyright 2023 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Red Cross and Las Vegas Fire Department Team Up for Free Smoke Alarm Installation Event - March 30, 2023
- Increased Traffic and High Crash Rate Lead to Speed Limit Reduction on I-80 in Nevada - March 30, 2023
- TikTok Amongst Services Blacklisted by Nevada State Government for Security Reasons - March 30, 2023