Las Vegas Man Faces Six Felony Charges for Allegedly Threatening to Shoot Girlfriend and Her Children
By TheNevadaGlobeStaff, February 9, 2023 3:29 pm
LAS VEGAS – A Las Vegas man faces six felony charges for threatening to shoot his girlfriend and her children if she left him during an argument.
Victor Baca, 41, is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and child abuse for the Feb. 1 incident.
After 9 p.m., Las Vegas Police were called to Baca’s 8th Street home, where they saw two women, later identified as Baca’s girlfriend and her daughter, leaving the house “very afraid.”
The woman informed officers that Baca had “threatened to shoot her and her children” if she left him. According to court filings, the woman was furious over Baca posting fake information about her on social media and argued with him earlier in the day. She also informed Baca she was “done with him.”
According to the woman’s police statement, they also battled about the woman’s children not completing chores the way he wanted and that he momentarily left the household before returning and sitting on the couch in the living room with a revolver in his hand watching her clean the house and not talking to anybody.
After cleaning the house, he threatened to “end it,” she informed authorities.
After Baca went to his bedroom and laid down with his gun, the lady told police she wanted to leave the house with her children but was terrified to do so because she would have to walk through his room with the gun and she was afraid he would shoot her due to his earlier threats.
LVPD officers evacuated the youngsters while trying to reach Baca. Baca originally refused to leave the bedroom despite police requests.
Baca left the bedroom gunless after backup arrived. He resisted reading his Miranda Rights, saying he “wasn’t going to jail.”
Baca told officers he “always had it in his hands” and kept his gun in the living area and bedroom. He said he “intended to kill himself” and never threatened anyone with the pistol.
Baca was freed on a $5,000 appearance bond. He must not contact the victims until trial. Philip Leger will preside over a preliminary examination on March 16.
Credits: Phil Scherer / Las Vegas Optic
Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Northern Nevada Black Bears Emerge from Winter Slumber, Prompting Caution from Wildlife Officials - March 30, 2023
- Clark County Teachers Union Calls for Action after Student Arrested and School Lockdown - March 30, 2023
- Judge Refuses to Step Down from Murder Case of Former Politician and Accused Killer Robert Telles - March 30, 2023