LAS VEGAS, NV – A man armed with a knife was fatally shot by police early Saturday morning in southeast Las Vegas. The incident occurred around 2:55 am on the 3900 block of Landsdown Place, according to a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) press release.
LVMPD officers responded to a call regarding a missing male who was possibly armed with a knife. Upon arriving at the scene, officers located the man armed with the knife and attempted to disarm him. However, the man refused to drop the knife and approached the officers, prompting them to discharge their firearms.
Medical personnel were immediately dispatched to the scene and pronounced the suspect deceased.
The LVMPD Force Investigation Team (FIT) is currently investigating the incident. FIT is responsible for investigating all officer-involved shootings involving LVMPD personnel.
- The identity of the deceased man has not yet been released.
- The LVMPD FIT investigation is ongoing.
- No further details are available at this time.
Stay tuned for updates as more information becomes available.
Credits: Review Journal
Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Gun Found at Ed W. Clark High School, Two Juveniles Arrested - February 22, 2024
- Canine Flu Alert: Las Vegas Shelters See Surge in Cases, Experts Offer Advice - February 22, 2024
- Dog Owners Accuse Las Vegas Groomer of Mistreating Pets, Raising Concerns and Questions - February 22, 2024