Henderson, NV – A 34-year-old man faces a slew of severe charges after Henderson police arrested him at a bank near the Galleria Mall. The arrest followed a dramatic incident on October 21, where officers responded to a report of a man attempting to rob a bank located in the 600 block of Mall Ring Circle.
The suspect, identified as Joseph May, was still inside the bank when officers arrived. Initial attempts to make contact with May were met with resistance, as he refused to exit the building.
Eventually, May exited the bank but continued to defy multiple verbal commands issued by officers. To secure his arrest, law enforcement resorted to the use of “less-than-lethal tools.” Thankfully, no injuries to other customers or officers were reported during the incident.
Joseph May was subsequently taken into custody by the Henderson Police Department on October 21, 2023. He now faces several charges, including:
– 1 count of Burglary of a Business
– 6 counts of Kidnapping 1st degree
– 1 count of Attempted Robbery
– 1 count of Resisting a Public Officer
The seriousness of the charges underscores the gravity of the incident and the potential danger posed by the suspect’s actions. In response to the incident, the FBI Las Vegas office joined the local authorities to assist with the investigation. The case remains an active investigation, and further details are being withheld at this time, as confirmed by the Henderson Police Department.
Credits: 8 News Now
- UNLV President Addresses Final Exams and Commencement Plans Following Tragedy - December 8, 2023
- President Biden Addresses High-Speed Rail Funding in Las Vegas - December 8, 2023
- UNLV: Third Victim Identified in Campus Shooting - December 8, 2023