LAS VEGAS, Nev. (702 Times, NV Globe) – Additional closures that began over the weekend on the significant construction project to modernize the I-15/Tropicana junction, popularly known as “Dropicana,” will be visible to commuters on Monday morning.
Over the next years, the state will upgrade both the Tropicana Avenue bridge and the I-15 Tropicana junction. Tropicana will gain a second lane, and improvements for pedestrians along the bridge including walkways and lights will be made. Because the bridge doesn’t reach the required height, it will also be replaced.
The current closures are listed below:
- The east and west exits (off-ramps) from southbound I-15 to Tropicana Avenue.
- Tropicana is closed in both directions between New York New York and Dean Martin Drive.
- When Tropicana reopens, the westbound lanes will no longer exist. The eastbound lanes will be split, with two lanes of travel, for both east and westbound drivers.
The largest closure will take place during the weekend of January 28–30, when both lanes of I–15 will be closed to traffic between Russell and Flamingo roads. On Monday morning, that section of the motorway is expected to reopen.
2025 is the projected completion date for the project.
NDOT advises motorists to download the I-15Trop app or visit this page for the latest recent information on work.
Credits: 8 News Now
Copyright 2023 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Bystander Wounded in Shootout With Police at Arizona RV Park - January 30, 2023
- Nevada Unclaimed Property Day Feb. 1 - January 30, 2023
- Red Rock Canyon Scenic Drive Closed Due to Snow - January 30, 2023