Las Vegas, NV – Get ready for a soggy commute! Rain is expected to blanket the Las Vegas valley starting mid-to-late Thursday morning and persist throughout the day, potentially creating driving hazards with slick roads and ponding water. The National Weather Service issued a warning, urging caution on the roads due to the storm conditions.
- Timing: Rain starts mid-to-late Thursday morning, increasing to steady showers by afternoon and impacting the evening commute.
- Impact: Slick roads, ponding water, and potentially reduced visibility.
- Air Travel: Delays anticipated at Harry Reid International Airport due to low clouds.
- Mountains: Winter storm warning in effect for surrounding mountains with heavy snowfall expected above 6,000 feet.
- Next Week: Additional rain expected early next week.
- The Pacific storm system moving into Nevada from California will bring widespread rain to the Las Vegas valley.
- Light rain has already started in Pahrump, and similar conditions are expected in Las Vegas later in the morning.
- The Federal Aviation Administration warns of potential air travel disruptions at Harry Reid International Airport due to low visibility.
- A winter storm warning is in effect for the Spring Mountains and Sheep Range, where heavy snowfall exceeding 12 inches is forecast at higher elevations.
- This wet weather pattern is expected to continue with another storm bringing rain early next week.
- Allow extra travel time for your Thursday commute and be prepared for slower speeds and potential road closures.
- Use headlights even during the day for better visibility in rainy conditions.
- Avoid low-lying areas prone to flooding.
- Check the latest weather forecasts and traffic updates before heading out.
- Monitor flight information if traveling by air.
Stay safe and weather the storm responsibly!
Credits: 8 News Now
Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved
- Gun Found at Ed W. Clark High School, Two Juveniles Arrested - February 22, 2024
- Canine Flu Alert: Las Vegas Shelters See Surge in Cases, Experts Offer Advice - February 22, 2024
- Dog Owners Accuse Las Vegas Groomer of Mistreating Pets, Raising Concerns and Questions - February 22, 2024