WASHOE COUNTY, Nev. (775 Times, NV Globe) – Mount Rose K-8 School has been designated as a Purple Star School for its dedication to meeting the particular educational and social-emotional requirements of military children.
The Nevada Department of Education presented the honor to the Mount Rose Academy of Language, along with four other institutions.
The academy stated that they aim to assist military children in adjusting to a new school, especially when a parent is deployed.
NDE picked November as the Month of the Military Family to make the announcements.
Each school that has been recognized receives a certificate and a banner.
The four additional schools are as follows:
* Coral Academy of Las Vegas- Centennial Hills, Public Charter School Authority of Nevada
* Clark County School District’s Elizondo Elementary School
* Lamb of God Lutheran School, a private institution
* Clark County School District’s Mojave High School
Since 2021, 20 other Nevada schools and two school districts have been honored. Other institutions interested in receiving the distinction can start the application process online. Applications are received on an ongoing basis, and designations are given out twice a year, in April and November.
Almost 11,000 military-connected children live in Nevada.
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Nevada Democrats Attack GOP U.S. Senate Candidate Sam Brown for Anti-Abortion Stance - December 1, 2023
- Sparks Man Arrested for Murder of 17-Year-Old Boy - November 29, 2023
- Washoe County School District Approves New Puberty Videos for Fourth Graders - November 29, 2023