CARSON CITY, Nev. – As the year winds down, the Carson City Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) is doubling down on alcohol compliance, ensuring local businesses follow regulations on selling to minors. Last week, they conducted a surprise sting operation, sending three underage decoys to eight local establishments in an attempt to purchase alcohol.
Two Strikes and Consequences:
The sting operation unearthed two violators: RK Food Mart and Winnie Discount Liquor. These businesses now face hefty consequences:
- Fines: Both the individual seller and the license holder incur fines of roughly $650 each.
- Court Appearance: The seller must appear in court for further legal proceedings.
Beyond penalties, the CCSO prioritizes education and prevention. They recently held an alcohol compliance training session for bartenders and other liquor-serving personnel. The sessions equip staff with vital skills to properly verify IDs and avoid inadvertent sales to minors.
Bartender Barbara McGarvey, a participant in the training, emphasized the importance of responsible alcohol sales:
“Just to make sure that we all know what we’re supposed to be doing checking IDs so we don’t slip up and sell to somebody that’s not supposed to.“
McGarvey also highlighted the potential tragic consequences of underage drinking, citing car accidents and harm to others. She believes bartenders and liquor store staff have a duty to uphold liquor laws and prevent unnecessary risks.
The CCSO isn’t stopping here. They have one more compliance check planned before the year ends, targeting different businesses within their jurisdiction. Their unwavering commitment to enforcing alcohol regulations aims to create a safer community, prioritizing responsible alcohol consumption and protecting minors from potential harm.
Credits: Fox Reno
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- First Regulated Cannabis Lounge Opens in Las Vegas, Marking Milestone for Nevada’s Industry - February 24, 2024
- SE Las Vegas Residents Voice Concerns About Nearby Homeless Encampments, Call for Solutions - February 24, 2024
- Third Suspect Arrested in Apartment Complex Shooting That Endangered Children - February 24, 2024