Douglas County Opens Warming Shelter to Those Who Are Affected by Winter Storm Power Outage
NEVADA – The recent winter storm knocked out electricity in certain portions of Douglas County, so the county opened a warming shelter Monday night to assist affected individuals.
Due to the chilly conditions in the Tahoe area, the warming shelter will be open all night at the Douglas County Kahle Community Recreation Center.
The outage was caused by the snowstorm Sunday evening in Lake Tahoe, Topaz, and Virginia City, according to NV Energy.
NV Energy tweeted on Monday afternoon that crews are still working to fix the damage and restore power to customers.
Credits: Fox Reno
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Gun Found at Ed W. Clark High School, Two Juveniles Arrested - February 22, 2024
- Canine Flu Alert: Las Vegas Shelters See Surge in Cases, Experts Offer Advice - February 22, 2024
- Dog Owners Accuse Las Vegas Groomer of Mistreating Pets, Raising Concerns and Questions - February 22, 2024