NEVADA – Sparks Fire, Washoe County Sheriffs, and Truckee Meadows Fire & Rescue crews were swiftly dispatched to Sunkist Dr. in Sparks on Thursday around 9 p.m. in response to a gas leak incident.
According to Sparks Fire officials, the gas leak occurred when a resident accidentally struck a main gas line while digging. Fortunately, no injuries were reported in the incident.
As a precautionary measure, the gas supply on Sunkist Dr. has been completely shut off. NV Energy has indicated that the restoration of gas service will depend on the timely repair of the damaged line, and an estimated timeframe for the restoration has not been provided at this stage.
Residents in the vicinity of Sunkist Dr. and Pyramid are advised that a residual gas odor may linger until the issue is fully resolved.
In light of this incident, officials are emphasizing the crucial importance of contacting 8-1-1 before undertaking any digging activities on private properties. This simple step helps to prevent accidental damage to gas lines and ensures the safety of the community.
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Las Vegas Woman Arrested for Attempted Murder After Stabbing Man in Garage - December 1, 2023
- Nevada Democrats Attack GOP U.S. Senate Candidate Sam Brown for Anti-Abortion Stance - December 1, 2023
- Sparks Man Arrested for Murder of 17-Year-Old Boy - November 29, 2023