RENO, Nev. (775 Times, NV Globe) – A guy who had attempted to resist arrest in Reno on Tuesday night has been taken into custody by the Regional Crime Suppression Unit (RCSU). He was sought for a number of offenses.
The Sparks Police Department reports that at at 8:16 p.m. Jason Pierce was apprehended by RCSU personnel on January 17. Pierce, however, attempted to elude capture by using a pepper spray and ASP (collapsible baton), spraying multiple Detectives before being put into prison.
Pierce was sought after for three different car chases when he took patrol officers on a long chase through Sparks and Reno. One of the pursuits, according to the police, was connected to a case of assault with a lethal weapon, and he was also suspected of stealing master keys for US Post Office boxes. He is also a suspect in a number of mail thefts and business burglaries.
Pierce is accused of several offenses, including:
- Two charges of possession of a controlled substance
- Obstructing and resisting arrest with a deadly weapon
- Four charges of battery on a police officer
- Felony eluding
- Two charges of misdemeanor eluding
- Conspiracy to commit larceny
RCSU is made up of detectives from the Sparks, Reno, and Washoe County Sheriff’s Offices.
Credits: My News 4
Copyright 2023 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Henderson Police Make Arrest in Burning Drum Case - November 27, 2023
- Man Who Fled Police at 135 MPH Claims He Was Being Followed - November 27, 2023
- Horrific Abuse Allegations Lead to Felony Charges Against North Las Vegas Man - November 25, 2023