RENO, Nev. (775 Times, NV Globe) – The Regional Crime Suppression Unit (RCSU) made the arrest of the second suspect in an abduction and robbery case early on Wednesday morning.
At around 1:13 a.m., just after midnight. Helen Holguin, who was sought for for a robbery and kidnapping case in Reno back in November 2022, was apprehended by RCSU Detectives on January 18. Brent Martin, a co-conspirator with her, was taken into custody by RCSU on November 14, 2022.
On the evening of November 9, 2022, Martin and Holguin entered the two victims’ car brandishing a firearm. The victims were ordered to go to a new place after Martin fired a shot at the vehicle’s roof, according to the Sparks Police Department.
Holguin and Martin both started punching the victims and pointing the revolver at them while yelling for money. Martin grabbed control of the car when they got at the scene and then stole various things from the victims, including the car. According to the police, the occurrence wasn’t accidental, and the victims knew the suspects.
Holguin and Martin were both detained on many counts, including:
- Grand theft auto
- Kidnapping with a deadly weapon
- Discharging a firearm from a vehicle
- Two charges of assault with a deadly weapons
- Battery with intent to commit robbery with a deadly weapon
- Conspiracy to commit robbery with a deadly weapon
- Battery with a deadly weapon
RCSU is composed of detectives from the Sparks, Reno, and Washoe County Sheriff’s Offices.
Credits: My News 4
Copyright 2023 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Reno Man Convicted of Child Abuse and Domestic Battery After Two-Day Trial - October 2, 2023
- Las Vegas Bicyclist Killed in Hit-and-Run Crash - October 2, 2023
- US Scrambling To Avoid Government Shutdown - September 30, 2023