NEVADA – The Sparks Police Department says it was called to Sparks Boulevard around 10:40 p.m. Monday night about a fight between family members. The woman told police that her husband, Dustin Salaun, 34, had threatened to kill her and was armed. She also said that he had shot a gun before.
When the police showed up, Salaun reportedly went outside, saw them, and ran back inside the apartment quickly. He then allegedly shot several times at people who came to help.
Sparks’ SWAT team and hostage negotiators were sent to the scene, and Sparks Boulevard was shut down by the Nevada Highway Patrol.
Salaun gave up without a fight after hours of talking. Officers searched the apartment and found a stolen handgun with several extra magazines and rounds of ammunition.
Salaun is now being charged with several things, including:
- Obstructing with a deadly weapon
- Discharge of a firearm inside a structure
- Discharge of a firearm where persons are endangered
- Assault with a deadly weapon on a protected person
- Prohibited person in possession of a firearm
- Possession of a stolen firearm
- Destruction of property
Copyright 2023 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Woman Arrested on Multiple Charges After Allegedly Trespassing on Property in Paradise Valley - December 4, 2023
- Nevada State Police Badge Found in Suspect’s Vehicle - December 4, 2023
- Fatal Crash in Southwest Las Vegas Claims One Life, Injures Another - December 4, 2023