Reno, Nevada, has been named the happiest place to live in America by Outside magazine. Once known for gambling and easy divorces, Reno has been revived in recent years and is now a vibrant city with a thriving outdoor scene, a diverse economy, and a relatively affordable cost of living.
Here are just a few of the things that make Reno such a great place to live:
- Outdoor recreation: Reno is surrounded by public land and mountains, offering endless opportunities for hiking, biking, skiing, snowboarding, and more. The city also has a whitewater park, multiple climbing gyms, and a monthlong summer arts festival.
- Craft beer and food scene: Reno has a thriving craft beer scene, with over 20 breweries in the area. The city also has a number of excellent restaurants, serving everything from farm-to-table cuisine to international fare.
- Affordable cost of living: Reno has a relatively affordable cost of living, with no state income tax. This has made the city a popular destination for young professionals and retirees alike.
- Diverse economy: Reno’s economy is diversified, with major employers in the tourism, healthcare, technology, and manufacturing sectors.
Of course, no city is perfect. Reno’s biggest room for improvement is its air quality during wildfire season. However, the city is working on solutions, such as investing in electric vehicles and planting trees to reduce pollution.
Overall, Reno is a great place to live for people of all ages and interests. It offers a unique blend of outdoor recreation, urban amenities, and affordability.
Additional tips for living in Reno:
- Take advantage of the outdoor recreation opportunities: Reno is surrounded by public land and mountains, so get out there and explore! There are trails for all levels of experience, and the city also has a whitewater park and multiple climbing gyms.
- Support the local craft beer and food scene: Reno has a thriving craft beer scene, with over 20 breweries in the area. The city also has a number of excellent restaurants, serving everything from farm-to-table cuisine to international fare.
- Get involved in the community: Reno has a vibrant community with many opportunities to get involved. There are volunteer opportunities, social clubs, and events happening all the time.
- Enjoy the sunshine: Reno has over 300 days of sunshine per year, so make the most of it! Get outside and go for a walk, bike ride, or hike. Or simply relax on a patio with a good book.
- Henderson Police Make Arrest in Burning Drum Case - November 27, 2023
- Man Who Fled Police at 135 MPH Claims He Was Being Followed - November 27, 2023
- Horrific Abuse Allegations Lead to Felony Charges Against North Las Vegas Man - November 25, 2023