NEVADA – A multi-agency operation targeting narcotics and illegal firearms sales in the Tahoe Basin led to the arrest of a Surenos gang member on October 30.
Jose Medina, a convicted felon, was arrested at his residence in South Lake Tahoe after he illegally sold FBI Safe Streets Investigators narcotics, firearms, and illegal parts to convert a semi-automatic firearm into an illegal fully automatic firearm.
Medina is on active probation through El Dorado County for being a prohibited person in possession of firearms. During a search of his residence, officers seized cocaine packaged for sale, an illegal short-barreled AR-15 style rifle, a Glock handgun with an illegal 30-round magazine, and illegal parts to convert a semi-automatic firearm into a fully automatic firearm.
Medina is currently being held without bail at the El Dorado County Jail on the following charges, all of which are felonies:
- Prohibited person in possession of a firearm
- Prohibited person in possession of ammunition
- Sales of cocaine
- Sales of methamphetamine
- Possession and transport of machine guns
- Sales of machine guns
The arrest of Jose Medina marked the third arrest of a Surenos gang member in South Lake Tahoe.
Credits: Fox Reno
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Suspect in Sacramento Shooting Arrested in Reno - November 28, 2023
- Innocent Girl Shot in Shoulder by Stray Bullet - November 28, 2023
- Las Vegas Residents Brace for Colder Temperatures with Heating Tips - November 28, 2023