RENO, Nev. (775 Times, NV Globe) – The Reno Police Department (RPD) has arrested two suspects in connection with various mail theft, check, and credit card fraud instances in the greater Reno region after months of investigation.
RPD, in collaboration with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office (DCSO), the Northern Nevada Safe Streets Task Force, and the U.S. Postal Inspector’s Office detained Elias Sharifie, 37, and Laticia Peralez, 35, for various fraud, firearms, and drug-related crimes.
A search warrant was granted for a residence in the 900 block of Gentry Way in Reno, according to RPD, after a months-long investigation into mail theft led to several check and credit card fraud cases. The search warrants turned up thousands of stolen mail documents, as well as stolen guns and fentanyl.
Sharifie and Peralez both face various charges:
- Identity theft
- Possession of a financial forgery laboratory
- Possession of forged instrument
- Possession of stolen property
- Possession of burglary tools
- Possession of a controlled substance for sales
- Convicted person fail to register
- Possession of a short barrel rifle
- Possession of firearm by prohibited person
This is a continuous investigation, and anybody with information is encouraged to contact RPD’s fraud line at (775) 334-2107 or Secret Witness at (775) 322-4900, or text the tip to 847411(TIP) keyword – SW.
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Nevada Wolf Pack Athletic Department and Grand Sierra Resort to Announce Major Partnership - September 27, 2023
- Nevada and Ontario Sign Green Energy Memorandum of Understanding - September 27, 2023
- Federal Government Sues Amazon for Alleged Antitrust Violations - September 27, 2023