LAS VEGAS – A Clark County School District (CCSD) employee was arrested on charges of child abuse or neglect and abuse of a vulnerable person, according to CCSD Police.
Yolanda Gallman, 64, was arrested following an investigation at Preparatory Institute, School for Academic Excellence at Charles I. West Hall. Gallman has been a teacher in the district since July 2022.
Following her arrest, Gallman was booked into the Clark County Detention Center. She is currently assigned to home per the negotiated agreement with the bargaining unit.
The specific details of the allegations against Gallman have not been released, but the investigation is ongoing.
In a statement, CCSD said that it is “committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all students.” The district added that it “takes all allegations of child abuse or neglect very seriously and will investigate all claims thoroughly.”
Parents and Community Members
Parents and community members are encouraged to report any concerns about child abuse or neglect to the Clark County School District Police Department at (702) 828-3456.
Resources for Victims of Child Abuse and Neglect
If you or someone you know has been the victim of child abuse or neglect, there are resources available to help. Here are a few resources:
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453
- Childhelp USA: 1-800-422-4453
- The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN): 1-800-656-HOPE
You are not alone.
Credits: 8 News Now
Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Innocent Girl Shot in Shoulder by Stray Bullet - November 28, 2023
- Las Vegas Residents Brace for Colder Temperatures with Heating Tips - November 28, 2023
- Henderson Police Make Arrest in Burning Drum Case - November 27, 2023