LAS VEGAS, Nev. (702 Times, NV Globe) – Due to a power outage brought on by a broken power pole, Valley High School dismissed students early on Friday.
The power went out at some time in the morning, and according to KVVU students were housed in the gym and cafeteria during class when the lights went out. Parents came to pick up their children when buses arrived.
Classes never started, according to at least one student who spoke with KVVU.
A toppled power pole at Karen and Eastern on Thursday night was the cause of the power loss. According to NV Energy, the outage affected about 1,800 customers, and electricity is expected to be restored at 5 p.m.
This story is still developing. For more updates, check back later.
Credits: FOX 5 VEGAS
Copyright 2023 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Sparks Man Arrested for Murder of 17-Year-Old Boy - November 29, 2023
- Washoe County School District Approves New Puberty Videos for Fourth Graders - November 29, 2023
- Teenager Arrested in Las Vegas for Making Terroristic Threats - November 29, 2023