LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Eight teenagers accused of murdering a 17-year-old Las Vegas student appeared in juvenile court on Wednesday.
The identities of the teenagers cannot be publicly released because they are still considered juveniles. Their ages range from 13 to 17, and prosecutors are seeking to move the 13-year-old to adult court.
All eight teenagers are students at Rancho High School. They are accused of beating 17-year-old Jonathan Lewis near the high school on Wednesday, November 1.
Lewis suffered life-threatening injuries and was declared brain dead on Tuesday, November 7, according to investigators.
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, with assistance from the FBI, arrested the eight teenagers on Tuesday.
Some of the teenagers are expected to appear in Clark County District Court on Thursday.
This is a developing story. We will continue to update as more information becomes available.
- The murder occurred on Wednesday, November 1, near Rancho High School in Las Vegas.
- The victim, 17-year-old Jonathan Lewis, suffered life-threatening injuries and was declared brain dead on Tuesday, November 7.
- Eight teenagers have been arrested in connection with the murder. Their ages range from 13 to 17.
- Prosecutors are seeking to move the 13-year-old defendant to adult court.
- Some of the teenagers are expected to appear in Clark County District Court on Thursday.
Please be aware that this story is still developing, and the details may be updated.
Credits: 8 News Now
Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- UNLV President Addresses Final Exams and Commencement Plans Following Tragedy - December 8, 2023
- President Biden Addresses High-Speed Rail Funding in Las Vegas - December 8, 2023
- UNLV: Third Victim Identified in Campus Shooting - December 8, 2023