Home>702Times>Las Vegas Firefighters Rescue Dog, Residents from Backyard Blaze

Las Vegas Firefighters Rescue Dog, Residents from Backyard Blaze

By TheNevadaGlobeStaff, March 26, 2024 1:00 pm

Las Vegas, NV – Las Vegas firefighters successfully rescued a dog and multiple residents from a house fire on Saturday afternoon.

Backyard Fire Spreads to Home

Shortly before 4:00 pm, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue (LVFR) received multiple calls reporting a fire on Casa Grande Avenue. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered a blaze that originated in the backyard and had begun spreading to the house.

Everyone Evacuated Safely

Firefighters swiftly ensured all residents and a beloved family dog were safely evacuated from the house. Thankfully, no injuries were reported as a result of the fire.

Discovery of Hazardous Materials

The situation escalated slightly when additional units were called to the scene after firefighters discovered approximately 20 pounds of gunpowder and propane stored on the property. Extra precautions were taken to ensure the safe extinguishment of the fire.

Fire Extinguished, Residents Displaced

After a determined effort lasting over 20 minutes, firefighters successfully extinguished the flames. An all-clear was issued at 4:15 pm.

Cause of Fire and Displacement

Investigators determined that the fire originated while a resident was grilling. Unfortunately, the fire spread from the grill and ultimately reached the house. LVFR also reported that two individuals will be displaced from their home due to the damage sustained in the fire.

The Las Vegas Fire Department reminds residents of the importance of practicing safe grilling techniques and maintaining proper clearance from flammable materials.

Credits: Fox5Vegas

Copyright 2024 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Spread the news:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *