LAS VEGAS – According to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, a man has been arrested in connection with an arson incident at a power plant.
According to Las Vegas police, officers were notified of a “malicious damage of property event” at a power facility in the 10500 block of Highway 93 at approximately 11:37 a.m. on Jan. 4.
According to police, personnel reported that an unknown subject had broken into the guarded complex and put a vehicle on fire near to a transformer, causing damage.
During the inquiry, LVMPD Counter Terrorism officers identified the individual as Mohammed Mesmarian, 34.
Mesmarian was apprehended on Jan. 5 in Boulder City, according to police.
Mesmarian was booked into the Clark County Detention Center on the following offenses, according to LVMPD:
- Committing an Act of Terrorism
- 1st Degree Arson
- 3rd Degree Arson
- Destroy or Injure Real or Personal Property of Another
- Escape by Felony Prisoner
Police advised that detectives believe this to be an isolated incident and there are no outstanding suspects.
Credits: Fox 5 Vegas
Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Reno’s Disaster Action Team Urges Residents to Check Smoke Alarms After Apartment Fire Displaces Families - September 23, 2023
- Investigation Underway After Possible Pipe Bomb Explosion Injures Man in Las Vegas - September 23, 2023
- One Killed, Two Injured in Northeast Las Vegas Valley Multi-Vehicle Crash - September 23, 2023