Las Vegas, NV – A pro-life activist identified as Maison DesChamps climbed the exterior of the Sphere at The LINQ Hotel in Las Vegas on Wednesday, February 8th, 2024, amidst preparations for Super Bowl LVIII. The incident triggered a response from Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) and resulted in DesChamps’ arrest.
Details of the Climb:
- A press release issued before the climb described DesChamps as partnering with the non-profit Let Them Live, aiming to raise awareness about abortion rights.
- The release stated intentions to “shake the public into caring about the fate of unborn children.”
- This action follows a similar incident in August 2021, where DesChamps climbed the Aria Resort & Casino.
Police Response and Statement:
- Two individuals were detained at the scene later confirmed to be DesChamps and another person.
- A Sphere Entertainment spokesperson expressed gratitude towards authorities and confirmed that the climb wouldn’t impact advertising or promotions.
- LVMPD Sheriff Kevin McMahill acknowledged the incident during a Super Bowl safety press conference, stating awareness of potential disruptions and the commitment to ensuring a safe event.
Public Safety Measures:
- The public was advised to avoid the area due to potential closures caused by emergency vehicles.
- No injuries or major disruptions to Super Bowl preparations were reported.
Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved
- 84 New Crossing Guards Approved for Clark County Middle Schools After Spike in Student Road Crashes - February 21, 2024
- $44 Million Boost for Nevada’s Water Infrastructure: Biden Administration Awards Federal Funds - February 21, 2024
- Dine-In Denied: New Las Vegas Chick-Fil-A May Be Drive-Thru Only - February 20, 2024