Home>702Times>Seven-Year-Old Boy Dies in Accidental Drowning at Las Vegas Country Club

Seven-Year-Old Boy Dies in Accidental Drowning at Las Vegas Country Club

By TheNevadaGlobeStaff, May 16, 2023 10:08 am

LAS VEGAS – The Clark County Coroner’s Office has confirmed that a seven-year-old boy died over the weekend after accidentally drowning in a pond at the Las Vegas Country Club. The incident occurred on Saturday, May 13, at around 6:30 p.m. when officers were called to the golf course located in the 900 block of Tam O Shanter near Vegas Valley Drive and Liberace Avenue.

According to local news reports, the child was taken to Sunrise Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The exact circumstances of the drowning are currently unknown, but authorities are investigating the incident.

The Las Vegas Country Club has not released a statement on the tragic event, but the news has sparked an outpouring of condolences and support for the family of the young boy. Accidental drownings are a devastating and all-too-common occurrence, especially during the warmer months when more people are spending time around bodies of water.

As summer approaches, it’s important to remember that drowning can happen to anyone, regardless of age or swimming ability. Taking appropriate safety precautions, such as wearing life jackets, closely supervising children near water, and learning CPR, can help prevent tragic accidents like this one.

Credit: 8 News Now

Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Spread the news:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *