Lyon County Urges Residents to Prepare for Flooding, Approves Emergency Declaration
By TheNevadaGlobeStaff, May 18, 2023 9:36 pm
NEVADA – Lyon County emergency management is issuing a warning to residents, emphasizing the need to prepare for potential flooding, particularly along the forks of the Walker River and the main part of the river. With concerns rising, the Lyon County Board of Commissioners approved an emergency declaration on Thursday.
To aid residents in their flood preparedness efforts, designated locations have been established where people can gather to fill sandbags on Saturday. It is advised for individuals to bring their own shovels. The following locations have been designated for sandbag filling:
- Fire Station #35 – 231 Corral Dr., Dayton
- Fire Station #39 – 460 Dayton Valley Rd., Dayton
- City of Fernley Out of Town Park – Farm District Road and Highway 95A, Fernley (East end of Rodeo Grounds)
- Mound House Fire Station – 56 Red Rock Rd., Mound House
- Silver City Community Center – 385 High St., Silver City
- Silver Springs JPO Office – 1075 Pyramid Ave., Silver Springs
- Smith Valley – 2308 NV-208, Smith (by the Post Office)
- Dressler Park Community Arena – 2715 Hwy 208, Wellington
- Stagecoach Community Center – 8105 US-50, Stagecoach
- City of Yerington Public Works – 215 Towbridge Rd, Yerington (behind Raleys)
- Lyon County Roads Yard – 18 Hwy 95A North, Yerington
- Mason Town Hall building – 55 Bridge Street, Mason
- Lyon County Fairgrounds – 100 US Highway 95A E, Yerington
Volunteer organizations interested in participating in the community sandbag event can contact email@example.com or call 775-301-7289 for further information.
Stay prepared and stay safe during this flood season in Lyon County.
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.