State transportation contracts announced today at the Nevada Transportation Board of Directors meeting are expected to support 483 employment while also assisting in the provision of a transportation system that keeps Nevada safe and connected.
The highway contracts and agreements reviewed at the Sept. 12 state transportation board meeting will support 483 employment for one year. The following state transportation improvements were discussed and authorized at the state transportation board meeting this month:
- Resurface one mile of eastern McCarran Boulevard near Interstate 80 in Sparks
- Install landscape, stormwater and aesthetic improvements at three I-80 interchanges in Battle Mountain to enhance stormwater drainage, support native plant and reduce dust
- Upgrade multi-use path on U.S. 50 in eastern Carson City for enhanced mobility
- Install roadside fencing on approximately two miles of I-80 in Elko County
- Restripe sections of U.S. 6, U.S. 50, U.S. 93, State Route 278 and State Route 892 in Eureka, Lander, Nye and White Pine counties
- Replace bridge with new dual box culverts and install erosion reduction on State Route 789 in Humboldt County
- Resurface and patch approximately five miles of State Route 361 in Churchill County
- Reconstruct and repave approximately nine miles of westbound I-80 east of Humboldt/Lander county line
- Repair damaged barrier rail and high-mast lighting on I-580 in Washoe County
Contracts with NDOT are carefully examined in comparison to engineering estimates, and goals for participation by disadvantaged businesses are included. The start of construction varies. 7,646 jobs are anticipated to be supported by state transportation projects in Nevada that have already received financing under the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
To estimate the number of direct, indirect, and induced jobs, formulas developed by the Council of Economic Advisers were employed.
An estimated $2 to $6 in local economic activity can be produced for every $1 invested in public transportation improvements.
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Free Drive-Thru Flu Shot Event on October 1 - September 28, 2022
- Identity of the Police Who Killed a Suspect After Firing Back Is Released - September 28, 2022
- Sparks Police Searches Shooting Suspects Happened on July - September 28, 2022