In an early September prostitution sting, two men were taken into custody and five were given citations.
On September 1 and September 2, the FBI, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, the Carson City Sheriff’s Office, the University of Nevada Police Services, the Washoe County School District Police, the Nevada Department of Corrections, the Nevada Gaming Control Board, and the Reno Police Department Downtown Enforcement Team collaborated with detectives assigned to the regional Human Exploitation and Trafficking (H.E.A.T.) unit to carry out a prostitution demand reduction operation. The operation’s objective was to utilize undercover investigators to find and target sex buyers, or “johns.”
People who used various online platforms to contact detectives sought sexual behavior with the undercover agents throughout their talks in exchange for cash.
During the investigation, investigators made contact with six guys who offered to have sex with the undercover agents in exchange for cash and met them there. One of the people was detained for possessing a prohibited narcotic, while five of the people received citations for misdemeanor solicitation of an adult for prostitution.
One other person was also detained for attempting to sexually exploit children and soliciting a juvenile for prostitution. Prince Singh had a communication with a person he thought was a minor and made an offer to pay the alleged minor money in exchange for sexual favors. He was safely brought into custody when he arrived at the meet spot.
Detectives from the Reno Police Department, Sparks PD, and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office make up the Regional HEAT Unit. Call HEAT at 775 325-6470 if you have any information about prostitution or sex trafficking.
- Charges: Solicitation of a Minor for Prostitution
- Attempted Child Abuse involving sexual exploitation
- Charges: Solicitation of an Adult for Prostitution
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
Cited for Solicitation of an Adult for Prostitution:
- Crumby, Mark
- Hall, Richard
- Martinez, Raymond
- Nestaval, Scott
- Quispe, Alvar
- As Hurricane Ian Heads Toward Florida, Nevada Is Lending a Hand and Helping Out - September 28, 2022
- Man Who Died After Being Shot by His Wife Has Been Identified - September 28, 2022
- Two Reno Residents Were Detained for Drug Trafficking and Firearms Offenses - September 28, 2022