SPARKS, Nev. – The Washoe County School District is exploring rezoning some Sparks schools to help alleviate overcrowding.
A public meeting will be held on Thursday to discuss adjusting enrollment boundaries for up to 10 schools in Sparks and Spanish Springs.
The enrollment boundaries under discussion may affect students attending:
- John Bohach Elementary School
- Bud Beasley Elementary School
- Jesse Hall Elementary School
- Miguel Sepulveda Elementary School
- Spanish Springs Elementary School
- Alyce Taylor Elementary School
- Edward Van Gorder Elementary School
- Yvonne Shaw Middle School
- Lou Mendive Middle School
- Sky Ranch Middle School
Thursday’s meeting will be held at Sky Ranch Middle School from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Any changes approved by the board would go into effect for the 2024-25 school year.
Trustees recently voted against building a new elementary school in Spanish Springs as a possible solution to fix the overcrowding issue. The committee has since held public meetings in recent meetings. Thursday’s meeting is the third public meeting to discuss the matter.
What to expect at the meeting
At the meeting, district officials will present a proposal for adjusting enrollment boundaries for the affected schools. The public will have an opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback.
How to participate
The meeting will be held in person at Sky Ranch Middle School. The public can also watch the meeting live on the district’s website.
After the meeting, the school board will consider the public’s feedback and make a decision on whether to approve the proposed rezoning. If the rezoning is approved, it will go into effect for the 2024-25 school year.
For more information on the rezoning proposal, please visit the Washoe County School District website.
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- UNLV President Addresses Final Exams and Commencement Plans Following Tragedy - December 8, 2023
- President Biden Addresses High-Speed Rail Funding in Las Vegas - December 8, 2023
- UNLV: Third Victim Identified in Campus Shooting - December 8, 2023