EXCLUSIVE: Gilbert and Chattah File First Remdesivir Wrongful Death Lawsuit In Nevada
The Sparks Family Hospital, Northern Nevada Medical center, doctors and individuals are named in the complaint
By Megan Barth, November 25, 2022 4:56 pm
Reno Attorney Joey Gilbert and Las Vegas Attorney Sigal Chattah have filed the first Remdesivir wrongful death lawsuit (see below) in Nevada on behalf of the heir of a man who allegedly died from Remdesivir treatment for his COVID-19 diagnosis. The Sparks Family Hospital, Northern Nevada Medical center, doctors and individuals are named in the complaint. The plaintiff, in part, alleges the following:
- Patient (now deceased) was prescribed Ivermectin and HCQ. Hospital staff were instructed that under no circumstances was patient to be administered Remdesivir (Veklury) for treatment of his symptoms.
- Staff said that they would comply with patient’s requests but that he could not be given the HCQ or Ivermectin because it was against hospital protocols.
- Doctor ordered Remdesivir despite objections.
- Patient was given Remdesivir and died of renal and respiratory failure a week later.
- Remdesivir is a dangerous, experimental drug
- It is medically unethical, and a violation of Nevada laws, to administer an unnecessary medical treatment.
- It is medically unethical, and a violation of Nevada laws, to administer a medical treatment without informed consent.
In October, attorneys representing 14 families have sued three California hospitals alleging wrongful death in the use of Remdesivir.
In granting the emergency use authorization for the drug on May 1, 2020, the FDA said: “While there is limited information known about the safety and effectiveness of using remdesivir to treat people in the hospital with COVID-19, the investigational drug was shown in a clinical trial to shorten the time to recovery in some patients.”
Chattah told The Globe: “People surrendered their wellbeing to medical professionals, placing their health in their hands. These professionals either knew what the Gilead Sciences studies yielded and ignored it- or they knew what the studies showed and acted deliberately. Either way, thousands of Nevadans died because of medical professionals reckless disregard for human life.”
The Globe will continue to follow this story.CV22-01909 Filed Complaint
13 thoughts on “EXCLUSIVE: Gilbert and Chattah File First Remdesivir Wrongful Death Lawsuit In Nevada”
As a grieving family member of a brother who was also prescribed Remdesivir and passed away from the same complications. This was after initially being given Ivermectin and showed signs of improvement but then being told it was against hospital protocol I hope they are successful in their lawsuit for wrongful death.
Robert, my heart hurts with your heart in the loss of your brother 😔 It’s a pain that’s so deep and so painful, words can’t even express the true depth of sadness. I’m Melissa, this is the lawsuit for my daddy; thank you Sir for your kind comment and hope in seeing justice for my daddy AND all the others that may not even know what happened to their loved ones in these hospitals. God says to: Walk By Faith. 🙏🏻
Faith Over Fear
Hundreds of thousands of people like my wife and myself were forced to take the Remdensivir at mountain view Hospital in Los Vegas. We didn’t die but now have many problems from it, and they are still killing people here. I went to Big Horn lawyers here to file a law suit fro damages to us ,but they wont touch it with a ten foot pole. We don’t want money we want JUSTICES for the people that were tricked into taking it like us. If you know of any law suits we can join please email me at email@example.com
God bless you 🙏🏼praying for you and everyone