Man Found Guilty of Attempted Burglary at Loan Business in Reno
By TheNevadaGlobeStaff, September 30, 2022 6:55 am
RENO, Nev. (NV, Globe) – The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office said Thursday that a man was found guilty of attempting to break into a loan business in Reno.
Joeddie Jamel Douglas, 29, of Reno, needs to face the following charges:
- Four counts of attempted burglary (felony) and the use of burglary tools (gross misdemeanor)
- Four years in jail
- A further 364 days in prison for the gross misdemeanor
In August 2020, the Reno Police Department (RPD) responded to an alert at a North Reno loan company.
According to officers, a rear security door at the property was destroyed, and Douglas was nearby. Further investigation revealed that Douglas attempted to break into the establishment using burglary equipment.
Deputy District Attorney Stephan Hollandsworth said during last week’s three-day trial that there was no reasonable doubt that Douglas was guilty after security video showed Douglas attempting to break into the premises and hide his tools from law officers.
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
- Homeless Pet Crisis Looms as Animal Shelters in Washoe County Struggle with Overcrowding - May 31, 2023
- Nevada Bill Prohibiting Gender Identity-Based Limitations in Schools Faces Amendments and Controversy - May 31, 2023
- Las Vegas Man Faces Reckless Driving Charges for Speeding at 100-110 mph Due to Sick Girlfriend - May 31, 2023