NV Energy Asks Customers to Conserve Electricity During Heat Wave
By TheNevadaGlobeStaff, August 31, 2022 7:26 am
NV Energy is encouraging its customers to conserve electricity during the upcoming heat wave.
The utility stated in an email sent Tuesday night that higher temperatures usually result in increased A/C usage, which results in higher power bills.
Setting your thermostat to 78 to 80 degrees when at home during the day, according to NV Energy, is a good way to save money on your energy bill.
Starting Thursday, northern Nevada is expected to experience record-breaking temperatures.
They also encourage you to do the following:
- Never leave anyone or any animal alone in a closed vehicle.
- Even if you don’t feel thirsty, drink plenty of water.
- Avoid outdoor activities during the hottest parts of the day
- Recognize signs of heat-related illnesses
- Use sun protection
Credits: Fox Reno
Copyright 2022 775 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by TheNevadaGlobeStaff (see all)
- Fatal Shooting Incident: Woman Fatally Shot by Boyfriend in Northeast Las Vegas Valley - June 3, 2023
- American Airlines Flight Reports Bird Strike Before Safe Landing at Harry Reid International Airport - June 3, 2023
- Turtles Rescued by North Las Vegas Police Department, Returned to Natural Habitat - June 3, 2023
One thought on “NV Energy Asks Customers to Conserve Electricity During Heat Wave”
Because, you know, climate change.