Political Parody Enters NV Treasurer Race
Candidate Kess dons blonde wig, pokes fun at opponent Michelle Fiore
By Megan Barth, June 6, 2022 2:01 pm
Evoking parody in a political ad, Manny Kess, candidate for Nevada Treasurer, poses in a blonde wig to poke fun at opponent Michelle Fiore.
The ad opens with a wigged Kess stating: I’m Michelle Fiore and I am running for city council… I mean governor….argh…I mean treasurer. I am sorry. I have ran for so many positions this year, I can’t keep up. Parodying the video announcement of Fiore’s gubernatorial bid, Kess states that “I have a three shot plan to help me…I mean Nevada.”
🚨 WATCH TO THE END! 🚨
This parody video is obviously a joke, but the election we are actually facing is no laughing matter.
Career politicians like Michelle Fiore have served themselves long enough. It’s time for change.
➡️ https://t.co/E1fK7yHFYx pic.twitter.com/0F8SUiZpa8
— Manny Kess (@MannyKess) June 6, 2022
The Globe reached out to Fiore for comment and she didn’t hold her fire:
“My opponent released an ad where he dressed up as me to attack me. I will be honest. My staff was furious but I thought it was hilarious. Who do you think wore it better?
But here is the thing, this is a serious race. I am running for state treasurer because our state deserves conservative financial leadership that will fight back against the socialist schemes in Washington. I am honored to have earned the endorsement of Senator Ted Cruz, Adam Laxalt, the Nevada Republican Party, and more.
I am proud that my campaign has not released a single attack ad because Republicans shouldn’t be attacking each other. Plus, it’s not even original. At least he put some lipstick on.” (Reference the photo below that Fiore sent to The Globe).
- NV Dems Rally For Abortion Amendment to State Constitution Amid GOP Concerns And Challenges - March 24, 2023
- Sen. Rosen Urges Federal Support for $10B High Speed Rail Connecting Vegas To So Cal - March 24, 2023
- Bipartisan Bill Criminalizing Private Investigator Practices Advances in Legislature - March 23, 2023
One thought on “Political Parody Enters NV Treasurer Race”
Nice to see humor.
1) Political investing targeting firearms manufacturers who make quality essential products for Nevada’s first responders and military because they happen to manufacture. semiautomatic. rifles.
2) Crypto currency. policy.
3) cannabis financial issues and taxation
4) Petroleum taxes and exploration, pipelines and funding – Green energy subsidies.
5) Sports stadium subsidies
6) Foreign investment and global currency issues impacting Nevada
and so on. While sort of a Rino, Swartz spotted the “fake” China electric car company. Fiore has been good on constituent service on City Council..