Home>702Times>Smoking Elevator Motor Causes Evacuation at Boulder Station Hotel

Smoking Elevator Motor Causes Evacuation at Boulder Station Hotel

By TheNevadaGlobeStaff, March 6, 2023 12:09 pm

LAS VEGAS – According to the Clark County Fire Department, guests have returned to Boulder Station hotel after being evacuated due to a smoking elevator motor on Sunday afternoon.

The fire department responded to the hotel-casino after reports of smoke and alarms going off on the 16th floor. Upon arrival, firefighters detected a burning smell in the stairwell and evacuated the guests.

An investigation found that an overheated elevator motor in the machine room caused the smoke and burning smell.

The power to that unit was isolated and taken out of service for repairs, and the smoke had dissipated by then.

All guests have been reported to have returned to the hotel. The Clark County Fire Department’s response included five engines, two truck companies, three rescues, and two battalion chiefs.

At this time, there is no additional information available.

Credits: KTNV

Copyright 2022 702 Times, NV Globe. All rights reserved.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Spread the news:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *