Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, Democratic Rep. Susie Lee (NV-3) praised the Biden administration’s border record, claiming that the administration has cracked down on human smuggling and illegal immigration.
In a May 17 interview with KSNV, Rep. Lee said, “There has definitely been a crackdown by this administration, making sure that anyone who enters illegally is punished for that.”
In New York City, for example, the punishment for illegal entry at the southern border is a taxpayer-funded stay at a former Four Star hotel with lunch served in a crystal chandelier ballroom. According to reports, New York Democratic officials estimate that the border crisis will cost taxpayers $4.3 billion dollars by the spring of 2024 and declared the migrant crisis a “fiscal emergency” that “could go on for years.”
Since Biden assumed office, the crisis at the border, presumably managed by Border Czar and Vice President Kamala Harris, has risen to unprecedented levels in relation to fentanyl trafficking, human trafficking, and illegal border crossings.
According to reports published by a variety of Biden’s agencies responsible for border security:
- There have been more than 6.6 million illegal border crossings since Biden took office.
- That includes 1.4 million “gotaways” that escaped past Border Patrol into the U.S.
- Border officials say that the official number of gotaways vastly undercounts the illegal immigrants who make it into the U.S.
- The Biden administration lost track of at least 150,000 illegal immigrants during the summer of 2021.
- Even before the end of Title 42, Border Patrol officials reported that their facilities were already “at capacity.” Biden’s only solution, which has since been blocked by a federal judge, has been to mass release illegal immigrants into border communities.
- Homeland Security Investigations estimates that Mexican cartels are now making $13 billion a year smuggling illegal immigrants into the U.S., 26 times what they made in 2018.
- At least 96 people on the terror watchlist have been apprehended trying to enter the U.S. between ports of entry so far this fiscal year. 16 of those 96 were apprehended in April alone, meaning that single month saw more people on the terror watchlist arrested than fiscal years ’17 through ’20 combined.
- Illicit drugs are flowing into the country at an alarming rate, with only 5 to 10 percent being intercepted as border officials struggle to contain the smuggling.
- Biden has installed a de facto amnesty program in which over 75,000 illegal immigrants have had their cases dismissed in court due to his administration’s failure to file the proper paperwork.
- Biden’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) lost track of 85,000 children after responding to Biden’s demands to “move the children quickly out of shelters” by rolling back important vetting and safeguard procedures.
Needless to say, Rep. Lee has been named a NRCC target after her narrow two-point win last November.
NRCC Spokesperson Ben Petersen told The Globe: “Susie Lee’s delusional view of the border crisis is a legitimate risk to public safety. Since Lee is this detached from reality, how could she possibly protect Nevadans from the fentanyl smugglers, human traffickers and terrorists exploiting Biden’s open borders?”
- Conservation Groups File Lawsuit Against Placer County - November 30, 2023
- CCSD Under Federal Investigation For ‘Possible Civil Rights Violations’ - November 30, 2023
- Bidenomics: Nevadans Need An Extra $13K To Afford The Basics - November 29, 2023