A poll published today by Bloomberg/Morning Consult shows voters in Nevada and six other swing states are rejecting ‘Bidenomics‘, a message that’s central to President Biden’s reelection campaign. 5,023 voters were polled in Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
According to the White House, Bidenomics “is rooted in the recognition that the best way to grow the economy is from the middle out and the bottom up” and, they claim, Bidenomics is working. Yet, this poll shows that a growing Independent electorate in the Silver State is resoundingly rejecting President Biden’s economic message.
The new poll echoes recent polling from ABC, NBC and Gallup showing voters rejecting extreme Democrats’ policies and preferring Republicans to handle their top concerns like the economy, the border crisis and crime.
Digging further into the data:
- Voters who said the economy was their most important issue disapproved of Biden’s economic policies, 65% to 14%.
- Independent voters hold even less trust in Biden on this kitchen-table issue, 47% to 25%.
- In a head to head matchup, former President Trump leads Biden 47% to 43% among 5,023 registered voters with a margin of error of one percentage point.
- Among the 1,323 self-identified independents, Biden is 10 points behind Trump on the ballot that includes third-party candidates, and he is 8 points behind Trump in a direct head-to-head.
- 51% of voters said the national economy was better off during the Trump administration.
- Only 26% of voters said Bidenomics has been good for the economy. 49% said the policies have been bad.
- Biden lacks the backing of 14% of voters who supported him three years ago, compared with a 9-point attrition rate among Trump’s 2020 supporters.
In summary, an estimated 3 in 4 swing-state voters said the country’s economy is headed down the wrong track and they are more likely than not to say their personal financial situation was better off under Trump than it is under Biden.
According to 538, Reps. Dina Titus, Susie Lee, and Steven Horsford vote with Biden 100% of the time as inflation, interest rates, housing costs, food prices and gas prices continue to pinch the pocket books of Silver State voters.
“Nevadans can’t afford any more ‘Bidenomics.’ Extreme liberals Dina Titus, Susie Lee and Steven Horsford’s unconditional support for Biden’s failing agenda fueling historic inflation and skyrocketing gas prices will haunt them in 2024,” said NRCC Spokesperson Ben Petersen in a statement.
- Judge Rejects Petition To Enshrine Abortion In Nevada Constitution - November 27, 2023
- Election Worker Protection Case Refiled In Federal Court - November 27, 2023
- The Globe Interview: Joe Brown ‘The Godfather’ of Nevada - November 24, 2023